Council meeting: Thursday November 4th
November 2, 2021
A full council meeting will be held at Parish Room, St Nicholas Church, Cramlington on Thursday 4th November 2021 commencing at 6.45pm. The agenda for the meeting is set out below.
Public Question Time
Public Question Time will be held prior to the Council Meeting and will commence at 6:15pm. The Chair is to invite members of the public present to put questions to or draw relevant matters to the attention of, the Council, prior to commencement of business. Public Question shall be conducted in accordance with rules agreed by the Council under section 1(b) of Standing Orders.
Town Clerk 28th October 2021
A G E N D A
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
- CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
To agree the minutes of the meeting held on 2nd September 2021.
- DISCLOSURE OF INTERESTS
Members are requested to advise Council of any Declarations of Interest appertaining to items on this agenda.
(1) Ben Pilgrim, representing Canmoor Developments, to address Council regarding plans for a distribution centre on land south of Broad Law, located next to the existing Northumberland Business Park development. The proposal is for a new 11,673 sqm building, along with parking, cycle parking, a guard hut and welfare facilities, along with formation of 3 new junctions from Broad Law to the North. A planning application is in the process of being submitted
(2) Gemma Fowle, NCC Animal Welfare Officer, to discuss the success of “Doggy Days” events held in Cramlington this year.
- BUDGET PROPOSALS FOR 2022/23
The Town Clerk will outline the town council’s anticipated financial position for 2022/23 and propose initial spending priorities for the forthcoming financial year and beyond.
- COMMUNITY CHEST
To consider a proposal to transfer responsibly for Community Chest grants from Full Council to the Youth and Community Committee. An earlier report to the Youth and Community Committee is attached for information.
- EXTERNAL AUDIT 2020-21
To receive a report on the outcome of the external audit for the 2020-21 financial year (Report attached).
To receive recommendations by the Development and Strategic Management Committee in relation to allotment matters (report attached).
Pursuant to Section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 members of the Public and Press are excluded due to the confidential nature of the business to be transacted.
- COMMUNITY CHEST APPLICATIONS
Members to consider Community Chest Application(s) from the following:
- Legacare: A request to fund IT equipment.
- MANOR WALKS
Representatives from Manor Walks will discuss the impact of the pandemic on the shopping centre and proposals for Christmas events.