Control & Move Pilates and Fitness is designed with you in mind. Catherine draws upon her experiences as a professional dancer, pilates and fitness teacher to get more people active and leading a healthier lifestyle. Control & Move aims to improve quality of life, self confidence and increase awareness of a healthy body and mind that goes beyond the confines of a workout class. I deliver a wide range of classes around the whole of the north east and specialise in Postnatal, Exercise Referral & Pilates. Everybody is different, every BODY is different.
Online, face to face sessions in Northumberland and Newcastle.
Monday – Thursday / 8am till 8pm Saturday / 8am till 4pm
Prices vary depending on classes, workshops or programme
Healthwatch Northumberland is the independent champion for people who use health and social care services.
They exist to ensure that people are at the heart of care, listening to what people like about services or what could be improved and we share their views with those with the power to make change happen. We also help people find the information they need about services in their area.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
They continue to operate through the pandemic.
A very sociable knitting group. Currently knitting for a special baby unit, children’s hospitals and other charities.
Every Wednesday 9:30am – 12pm
Contact through Facebook or just turn up!
A non-audition Community Choir for the residents of Cramlington.
If you enjoy singing, we would love to have you in our choir!
Anyone over the age of 18 is welcome to join and you don’t need to be able to read music. Our repertoire is wide ranging, from traditional songs to modern-day classics.
There is a weekly fee of £4.00.
Meeting at The Community Hub (next to Concordia)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how to become a member.
Providing community activities and venue hire in East Hartford, Cramlington.
Northumbria Way, Cramlington NE23 6NZ
Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital provides specialist emergency care for seriously ill and injured patients from across Northumberland and North Tyneside.
It is England’s first purpose-built specialist emergency care hospital, with emergency consultants on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as well as consultants in a range of specialties working seven days a week.
- For general queries call 0344 811 8111
- For information about an appointment call 0344 811 8118
- Patient Advice and Liasion Service (PALS) 0800 032 0202
The hospital treats serious emergencies such as:
- Suspected stroke
- Loss of consciousness
- Persistent and severe chest pain
- Sudden shortness of breath
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe blood loss
The Northumbria hospital also has a birthing centre with midwifery and consultant-led care. It has en-suite delivery rooms, two birthing pools and en-suite bedrooms where partners are able to stay overnight.
Some planned surgery which is considered to be high-risk is also carried out at the Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital as patients will be surrounded by relevant experts and support services such as critical care which may be needed in an emergency.
The Northumbria hospital has:
- A state-of-the art emergency department with individual treatment rooms
- Diagnostics including x-ray, MRI, ultrasound and CT scanners, endoscopy room and cardiac catheter lab – all located close to the emergency department for quick test results, enabling treatment to start earlier
- A critical care unit
- Beds for emergency admissions across seven specialty wards – surgery, trauma, cardiology, respiratory, stroke, gastrointestinal and an acute medical unit
- A short-stay paediatric unit with paediatric ambulatory care
- Ambulatory care for the rapid assessment of patients with specific conditions, without the need for emergency admission
- A co-located consultant and midwifery-led birthing centre, with single en-suite rooms which allows partners to stay overnight. It will also have a special care baby unit for those babies needing extra help
- Operating theatres for emergency/high risk surgery including a dedicated maternity theatre
We are a litter picking group that uses WhatsApp to identify where a litter problem is and to arrange when we can tidy it up.
Arranged as needed. No age limit – but all participants must be independent, aware of risk and are responsible for their own safety.
Contact Martin Wright by email and preferably then join the WhatsApp group.
TEMPORARILY CLOSED BECAUSE OF CORONAVIRUS
Contact: Robin Harper-Coulson, 6th Dan AMA Coach Assessor
6.00-7.00pm Mixed class up to Blue belt
7.00-8.00pm Mixed Fitness class any Adult, Children Purple belt and above
Sessions, aimed at babies from 6 weeks to 14 months, are packed full of a range of back to back activities to encourage baby’s all round development so your little one is constantly learning and also focuses on bonding with baby and postnatal well-being.
Tuesdays – East Hartford Community Centre, Scott Street, NE233AP
Thursday – Church of the Nazarene, Durham Road, NE23 3ST