8 Smithy Square, Cramlington NE23 6QQ
Jane Percy House supports people with a range of disabilities including cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, spina bifida and arthritis, multiple sclerosis and disabilities resulting from accidents or a stroke. As well as providing physical care, it is committed to ensuring that people have control over their lives and are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
Located in Cramlington, Northumberland, they provide accommodation and support for people with complex and high dependency needs, giving independence and lifestyle choices for adults with physical disabilities. It forms part of the nationwide network of disability support services provided by The Disabilities Trust.
South Mall, Manor Walks Shopping Centre, Cramlington, Northumberland, NE23 6UT
If your GP wants you to be seen by one of our hospital specialists, you could be referred to the Manor Walks Centre. You will be offered the choice of being seen in Cramlington or in one of our hospitals in Newcastle – the choice will be yours.
The Centre offers a wide range of outpatient clinics – all fully supported by Newcastle’s Diagnostic Imaging Services, including:
- Monday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Thursday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
NHS Choices website: https://www.nhs.uk/Services/hospitals/Overview/DefaultView.aspx?id=128320
Northumbria Way, Cramlington NE23 6NZ
Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital provides specialist emergency care for seriously ill and injured patients from across Northumberland and North Tyneside.
It is England’s first purpose-built specialist emergency care hospital, with emergency consultants on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as well as consultants in a range of specialties working seven days a week.
- For general queries call 0344 811 8111
- For information about an appointment call 0344 811 8118
- Patient Advice and Liasion Service (PALS) 0800 032 0202
The hospital treats serious emergencies such as:
- Suspected stroke
- Loss of consciousness
- Persistent and severe chest pain
- Sudden shortness of breath
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe blood loss
The Northumbria hospital also has a birthing centre with midwifery and consultant-led care. It has en-suite delivery rooms, two birthing pools and en-suite bedrooms where partners are able to stay overnight.
Some planned surgery which is considered to be high-risk is also carried out at the Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital as patients will be surrounded by relevant experts and support services such as critical care which may be needed in an emergency.
The Northumbria hospital has:
- A state-of-the art emergency department with individual treatment rooms
- Diagnostics including x-ray, MRI, ultrasound and CT scanners, endoscopy room and cardiac catheter lab – all located close to the emergency department for quick test results, enabling treatment to start earlier
- A critical care unit
- Beds for emergency admissions across seven specialty wards – surgery, trauma, cardiology, respiratory, stroke, gastrointestinal and an acute medical unit
- A short-stay paediatric unit with paediatric ambulatory care
- Ambulatory care for the rapid assessment of patients with specific conditions, without the need for emergency admission
- A co-located consultant and midwifery-led birthing centre, with single en-suite rooms which allows partners to stay overnight. It will also have a special care baby unit for those babies needing extra help
- Operating theatres for emergency/high risk surgery including a dedicated maternity theatre
Rivenhall Dental Practice, High Pit Road, Cramlington, NE23 6RA
NHS Choices website: https://www.nhs.uk/Services/dentists/Overview/DefaultView.aspx?id=24944