Cramlington Town council has 15 playgrounds, a skate park, one set of outdoor gym equipment and four Multi Use Games Areas (MUGA). Many have been recently refurbished and all kept to a high standard.
They are safety inspected weekly. Should you find any vandalised or broken please contact our offices immediately.
Many of our parks now feature autism boards to assist non-verbal children.
Please see below a list of our areas of play:
- Alexandra Park: This is our largest park and the playground is situated near St Peters and St Pauls Primary school. It has recently been totally refurbished with some exciting equipment for all ages. In the next field there is a skate park.
- Alexandra Way: This small enclosed playground inside an enclosed square of houses is mainly for toddlers to enjoy with swings and a bouncy sprung duck to sit on.
- Chichester: Here we have a MUGA and playpark in the heart of Nelson Village surrounded by openspace. The play park has an adventure rope section and a large slide.
- Clifton Road: This is a park half way down the Road and is a split site. If you take the footpath to the side of the playpark it leads you to a field where we have a MUGA. In the playpark itself we have introduced a Tango swing which allows 2 people to go on one swing.
- East Hartford: This park is next to the Community centre on Scott Street. It has a large climbing frame with climbing walls and 3 slides for various ages. We have recently added 2 basket swings and 2 child swings for added enjoyment.
- Eastfield Playing Fields: Here we have a large play area with a MUGA and playpark either side of a football field. The park has had additional equipment added recently including a rocking jeep and roundabout.
- Horton park: Set in the middle of the park, this play area has recently been resurfaced and had additional equipment added, including the first of our gym equipment. It features a new rope pyramid and rope swing alongside a good selection of play equipment for imaginative play.
- Marjorie Street: This small park at the end of the street is situated next to a small playing field. It includes a climbing wall to a tower and rope wall.
- Mainstone Road: This small park has a slide, swings and a rocker and is behind the houses at the end of the street.
- Mortimer Park: Set in East Hartford Village, this small park has a new Swingo to add to the fun.
- Nelson Avenue: This is our second park in Nelson Village. It is a smaller playpark and has recently had a new rotating rope pyramid and bouncy tandem car to enhance the play value.
- Norwich Way: Set near the Town centre behind the street, this park is in two areas. We have the original elements inside the fencing and then a new element of more gym style equipment around the edge with a stopwatch to time your route around to add to the fun. This investment was done with the building of the St Nicholas Manor Estate located nearby.
- Seven Oaks: This park is the nearest to Manor walks and just opposite the Vue Cinema. Totally refurbished 3 years ago it features a broad range of equipment for all ages. We have a boulder for our climbing enthusiasts and a MUGA at the side of the park
- Weldon Road: This play area is currently being refurbished.
- Westfield: This beautiful park at the town end of Westfield Park was totally refurbished a few years ago and has a comprehensive range of equipment for many age groups. With the surrounding green space it is a great place to let children run free.